Sunday, October 08, 2006

Dia de los Muertos

I have recently discovered the world of postcard swaps. I have always seen them, but never participated. This particluar swap them was Dia de los Muertos (an old obsession of mine!). Below is what I came up with. I can't wait to see what others did! It is so much fun and gets you to do stuff that you may not have otherwise! I think you will be able to see photos of the others here. I went to Tesoros, one of my favorite stores for inspiration and bought the ceramic skull (great excuse anyway!)This led to me digging out my Loteria set and making some cards. I am pleased. I think I will list them in my etsy store as a set.
With the milder temperatures, the plants are coming out of Summer hibernation. Here are a couple of photos of some mallows in my front yard. I have never met a mallow I don't like!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kristin Loganbill said...

Hi
your ceramic stuff is really neat. and I love your lotteria cards. I am in the dod postcard swap too. so I hope I get one of yours! I did mine in fabric, I don't know how the whole thing works, so I hope it's okay.... anyway great stuff!
oh and yes I do this full time (more than full time really!) and have been in business for about 7or 8 years.
I am an hour + from Portland, and I have noticed a ton of art/craft people from there. it's a great city. but I don't know anyone yet...I just moved here a year ago.
Kristin

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

OK, I am thinking that between Kristin (kml) you + I we need to do a little side postcard swap- yours are so good too. I did not know that you had a blog + discovered it on Kristin's sidebar links + when you left a comment on mine. We actually hearted eachother on Etsy awhile ago. Well, I'm Shona + it's nice to find you again!

Erin Lang Norris said...

i love everything! the new day of the dead stuff is great :)