Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter in Texas


The snow days were novel for the first 1 or 2, since we shut down everything in Texas when there is any sort of frozen precipitation. Now, however, I think we all have cabin fever and are ready to get back to life. I have been terribly lazy. I think this weather sort of lends itself to that. Watching movies, loafing around, and so on. I did get some new house magnets started, but that is about all I have done in the last 3 days. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to go to work. We'll see how that goes. I hope I don't run into something or someone. The city ran out of de-icing agent for the roads. That is funny and frightening at the same time. We aren't used to having more than a day of this icy weather. I took several pictures and videos. Included in this set are the flowers that were pretty just a few days ago, and a dog toy that is frozen to our deck. Finley was completely confused and entertained by this! Pretty cute watching him paw at it to no avail. And then there is Lola in her Pirate shirt. It says A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME. Pretty darn cute and so fitting!

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I do believe the ice is coming my way this weekend (do people freak out and raid the grocery store shelves for milk + bread in TX? Never could figure that one out). When we rescued our dog it was winter + he would not do anything outside + we thought, great, we are really active people with a lazy dog, how is this going to work? Well, with no hair on his belly + very short hair everywhere else he was super smart + just super cold. We have since bought him a red sweater (my boy says he looks like a fire truck) + we are ready to face the bitter, wet TN cold.
PS I would kill for 3 days being trapped inside!

Kristin Loganbill said...

the flowers look so sad.
the storm has left this area for now and the sun is shining-it feels great (though I love all the weather too) the bit of sun makes me fill all springish- deceptively so.
take care!